Monday, January 19, 2009

Ok so you can tell by the blog I like to run and I am now officially 35. I started running only about 9 mo. ago and love it. I was 5'5" tall and weighed 198. A lovely plump happy little man! My doc said my blood pressure was thru the roof and my family has a history of heart issues, so I decided to do something about it. I actually just began lifting weights and riding my bike. I began riding up to 30 or 40 miles on saturday and working out at the gym like crazy.

I kinda stumbled upon running thru a friend of mine and got addicted immediately.(well shortly after all the throwing up, wheezing, and soreness that lasted a month or so).

I am now down to 145lbs and feeling great. I am currently training to run the OKC marathon in April and I'm totally stoked.

Hello to fair weather runner and ozrunner out there...I am blogging because of you.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land! Consider yourself followed! Cheers to the Road to OKC and First Marathons!

    BTW your kiddos look exactly like you, they are like mini-me's, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I am only slated to run 10 on Saturday, but we've been doing some run's in C.H. (my 'hood) and it's working out well because we stop at our houses to get drinks. I think I'm about two weeks behind you in mileage. But once we get WAY up there into the 18s & 20s we are going to start in C.H. run to the river, run along the river and back to C.H., should help mix it up, you should totally join us! We are keeping about a 10 minute pace right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogosphere....we'll have to do a bloggie hook up at the OKC race...got registered and hotel booked.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all going for a healthy pasta dinner (not the marathon one) together in Bricktown the night before the race, you guys should join us!

    ReplyDelete