Tuesday, January 27, 2009

dreadmill

Ok so I got a ton accomplished at work today and it felt great. I'm having a hard time adjusting to working at home, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, I ran 4 on the mill today and it sucked as usual. I am having some major lower back or hamstring pain and it was like I had to limp through the entire run. I've been to my kinesiologist in the recent past when I had some sever lower back issues and it worked like a dream. The only downside was I couldn't run for several days after "doctors orders".....so with that in mind I am icing down the glutes..ha..I love that word...and going to see if that helps before I have to go see the "kinesio" again. If I have to I will take some of my short run days off, but cannot sacrifice a long run at this stage of my Marathon training.

The crazy thing is that the pain is not making me feel like I don't want to continue on my training plan. I seem to have the motivation of a "dog licking peanut butter" if that makes sense to anyone but me. Anyway I mean very motivated. Which is good. I am still a little frightened of my run next week of 14 miles, but I know I can make it happen.

I just hope this motivation carries over to my work. I'm in sales and could use some of the bonuses they are putting out there right now.

"Goals are not Dreams" has been a quote that has meant alot to me lately. Let me know what it means to you.

2 comments:

  1. sorry about the pain, hope it gets better.....the weather this week hasn't been brutal huh? good news is, it's supposed to warm up by the weekend...you up for a long run Sat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running 5 tonight on the treadmill, I'm trying to devise a plan to make it more bearable. On the back pain, wow, that stinks, I got a deep tissue massage two Saturdays okay and it seriously worked wonders on my body!

    Goals vs. Dreams, as you can probably guess for me, there isn't much of a difference, unless it's talking about having babies, then I can seperate the two, not a goal, totally a dream.... I'm still a young patowan, learning.... :)

    ReplyDelete