Monday, May 4, 2009

The week after

So the week after the OKC half marathon and I'm trying to get all my injuries healed up. The IT band, hip flexor, or whatever is starting to feel like I am getting over it. I am going to skip the RiverRun this weekend in Wichita just to be sure that I am back at 100% before I run another race.

So as embarrasing as they may be, here are my splits for the OKC half: (keep in mind that I stopped to stretch at about 11.5 with a calf cramp or injury (all I know is it hurt badly). Ok enough excuses here they are:

mile 1: 9:45
mile 2: 9:39
mile 3: 9:23
mile 4: 9:15
mile 5: 9:22
mile 6: 9:27
mile 7: 9:24
mile 8: 9:25
mile 9: 9:48
mile 10: 9:47
mile 11: 10:14 ouch!!
mile 12: 10:25
mile 13: 10:53

So as you can see, the injury in mile 11 really got to me. Oh well! I finished running not walking, that's a good thing....

some pics to come of my half in the next day or so so stay tuned.......

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, those are great splits! The last time I ran a half my splits looked something like 9:09-9:15 for the first 7 miles and then 10:10-10:20 for every mile after that. You could completely tell where I hit the wall in that race. I don't even want to know what my splits were in OKC. Congrats on running a great half and I hope your IT band/hip gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep going Adam! I'm sure that wind didn't help either. As I looked over my splits I could tell exactly where that headwind slowed me down.
    Are you feeling all better now?

    ReplyDelete