Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm so injury prone...

Well, my first run after the half and I go out like a flash...feeling great and running way too fast for just get going again. I should have known better, but I felt great. I was running about 8 min miles and rounding mile 2 OUCH!!!!!! the calf acting up again.

Fair Weather Runner!! I have a knot in my calf just like the one you described..Let me know what I can do to relieve some of the pain and annoyance.

Anyway we will see if a few more days off will get me ready to get back on the road again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sucks! Saw Oz at RiverRun yesterday and mentioned your run. Okay first, see if you can get a deep tissue massage, my PT told me about a sports massage person i'm going to call soon, i'll pass along the info. honestly i would see if you could get into PT. my PT is amazing, i can get you his info if you want, i had to get referred out by my family dr. though.

    in the meantime, get a calf stretch board, get the stick and use that, deep tissue massage, and cross train instead of run! hope you heal up soon guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, Karl Glick is my friend and PT. He's awesome. He's a runner and can help with any problem you have. He got me back together after I fracture my pelvis last year. I highly recommend him. Plus, he's really a great guy!
    You can look him up or I can get you his info.
    In the mean time use the base f your walls and get the bottom of your foot almost flush with the wall and lean into it. If you have access to a "wedge" like at the y or something it helps too.
    I have a great series of stretches I can copy and send you. It's all photos so you can follow them easy.

    ReplyDelete