Thursday, April 16, 2009

Someone shoot me now!!!!

This week has been a grind it out kinda week. You runners out there will know what I am refering to.

Tuesdays run was ok, I ran in the beautiful weather on the west side of town.. I always have my gym bag with me when I leave the house so I can stop and work out at the gym if I have time. My parents live out west and so I stopped there, changed clothes, and out I went...Of course without my ipod, without my GARMIN!!without my GARMIN oh the humanity. The main reason I don't like running without my watch is that I really like to know how far and how fast I am going. Especially since I am trying to keep somewhat of a schedule for the 1/2 marathon in OKC coming up in 11 days. Anyway, I felt like I ran at a fairly good pace and as far as I can tell about 4-4.5 miles.

Then Wednesday came and I had mexican food for lunch (not sure if that had any bearing on it) but my run totally sucked...I felt terrible out there...I didn't forget the garmin but.........it died on me part way thru the run. My legs didn't feel strong and I was really struggling. I would guess I ran about 4 miles again but not at such a good pace.

Then today, the mother of all nightmares, I ran WITH my garmin and my ipod and maybe because I ran 3 days in a row...I'm not sure, but I felt exhausted...I was breathing find and not out of breath, but I had no legs at all. I ran like 3 miles and wanted to stop and did stop and said, FORGET IT!!! I came home and stretched and took an ice bath and was about to huddle up in the bathtub like the character in "The Crying Game", or Jim Carey in the bathroom scene in "Dumb and Dummer". I was pathetic and my attitude was worse. I will for sure take tomorrow off and hope and pray that my body lets me run 13 saturday so I can say I'm ready for next week.

I know that was crazy and probably one big run on sentence, but today I JUST DON'T CARE....

No comments:

Post a Comment