Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Leg Getting Better???

Ok. so I decided to take and entire week off and it ended yesterday. The "butt" felt great walking around and thought I was ready to give the dreadmill a try since it would be less impact. So, I ran 3 on the dreadmill and it was a little sore during the run. I only ran about 8:40's or so and it wasn't bad. After I could actually make it down stairs at the Y, so that's an improvement. I continued to ice it yesterday and today it is recovering pretty well. Definitely better than my last run a week ago. This gives me some hope that I'll possibly be ready to run OKC, but I'm still scared I won't have time to be ready.

Anyway please be thinking of me and say a prayer...I have the will and determination, just not the injury free training I was hoping for.!!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there and keep taking it easy, it will pay off! Do you go to the North Y? I go there over lunch or sometimes right after work. Anyway, I'll keep you in my runners prayers! And just remember you still have time to catch up from a week off, I'm only up to 14 miles this coming Saturday. SO if you need some running parners and feel like braving a 14 miler at 8a on Saturday morning (from C.H. to the River and back), then feel free to come join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny but I've been off for the last week too due to my foot injury and just ran yesterday for the first time....the good thing for me was that in my training plan it was a light week....
    hang in there, you still have plenty of time before OKC...you were ahead of schedule so don't risk it by re-injuring yourself or making things worse...I may run Sat, but not sure how far, if you're up for it...injuries stink I know...got you in my running prayers bro...

    ReplyDelete