Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stop! Hamster Time!

So I went to the Y this morning after being convinced by my running friends that it would be nicer to run inside than in the cold weather. The cold weather doesn't bother me that much, but I do admit it is a little crazy taking the time to get ready and getting used to the cold air when running in the cold.

We ran 8 miles on the treadmill. I felt like one of those hamsters on the new Kia Soul car commercial. I usually dread the treadmill for distances over about 3-5 miles just because you don't feel like your going anywhere (maybe that's because your not). My friend and I talked instead of using ipods and it passed the time nicely. 8 miles at about 9:10 pace. I know not real fast, but for me a nice steady pace for a long run. I need to get my distance back if I'm gonna do the 70.3.

Now the family is off to my parents for an ever fun tradition of making Christmas goodies. Cookies, pretzel treats, rice crispy treats, etc. My two little boys absolutely love it.

Stay tuned for more on the training front as I get ready for the Ironman.

ps..if anyone knows someone who wants to sell an indoor bicycle trainer to hook my triathlon bike up to, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment