Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great workout today!

Well, I am trying to get ready for a sprint tri in August and the Wichita Half Marathon in September. Today I felt pretty good so I went to the Y. I went there because yesterday's heat just about did me in (even though I've only been running 3mi).

I started by lifting some weights because I need to get my strength training back in order again. It has really fallen off since I ran OKC. As a matter of fact, just about everything has fallen off since then. Anyway, after lifting I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. Although I hate the dreadmill, I can handle 3 miles with no problem. I ran between 7:30-8:30 pace which I felt good about. Then I was feeling really saucy and went down and swam 400m in the pool. Not to shabby for a days workout.

Anyway, I start my official half marathon 12 training plan June 28th so stay tuned for how that is coming along.

Let me know if any of you plan to run the wichita half, I would love to do some of my long training runs with someone else with a common goal.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be celebrating my 28th b-day on 9/20!! So as my present, I'll be running the half.
    Alright, I MUST get in that darn pool. The Salty Dog is getting way too close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i think i'm going to do the rock and roll half in dallas next march....it just added to the rock and roll list of events...it's a ways off, but you should think about joining...it's right around spring break...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i LOVE the new masthead, AWESOME!! now that is some bloggie love. i won't be doing the 1/2 marathon since we will be on vacation, a little bummed about that one. but i will still be training for a marathon in november and i'm keeping my summer runs around 10 - 14 miles every weekend. so i'm game anytime!

    ReplyDelete