Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Almost Official Training Time

My official training for the 70.3 Ironman will start at the end of this month. I am still trying to get a good base of all the events built up. However, I have a slight pain in my left leg upper quad. My kinesio says its probably a tendon that has a slight strain, so I am still working out, just being careful. It's been awhile since my last injury, so I am happy with that, but still a little frustrated. I ran 10 saturday and lifted weights as well. I have been lifting upper body 3-4 times a week. What I have been doing is running, lifting, then spinning to try to get 2 hours or more of a workout in to build my stamina (3-4 times a week) then running long on Saturdays. I will be doing at least 2 sports per day in my training program for the 70.3.

On a personal note, I just received my new phone today and am very excited. It is a Droid Eris touchscreen, I will let you know what I think.

Happy running to all you fellow runners out there. It looks like the warmer weather is starting to peek its beautiful head out.

Later on!!!!

3 comments:

  1. hey! nice on the 10 miler! are you going to be doing any local races before the half IM? i woul really, really love to do that, but i'm chicken! but i'm thinking of trying my hand at a few tris soon, are you doing any coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know what I find. I am looking for a couple before them. I'm also gonna do the Wichita Marathon since the new venue is sounding sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your training...And Happy running to all runners..

    --kizzy salomon shoes

    ReplyDelete